Sunday, December 30, 2018

Skincare Review :: GLAMGLOW :: SUPERCLEANSE




Brand: GLAMGLOW
Product: SUPERCLEANSE Clearing Cream to Foam Cleanser
Price: $32.00
Available at: Sephora, Nordstrom. GLAMGLOW.com

From the website: Formulated with powerful actives for super-clean, glowing skin, this must-have creamy cleanser transforms into a luxurious foam to blast away impurities and remove pore-clogging debris. The pore refining triple charcoal complex contains three charcoals—coconut, ubame white oak, and gray bamboo—to detox skin, while botanical ingredients like TEAOXI® eucalyptus leaf, licorice root, and cumin seed purify. Skin-refining, powerful AHAs support natural cell turnover and renewal, while K17 and Mediterranean clays absorb oils to mattify skin and restore balance to your complexion. Skin is visibly improved after each cleanse, with a diminished appearance of pores and a refined texture and tone.

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

To see my review on this product, click "read more" below!


Now I will be the absolute first to admit that I'm EXTREMELY picky and bougie about my skincare. I firmly believe that if something that is going on your face and inside your pores, should be of a good quality if you want to have great skin. I've seen and felt the difference between cheaper brands of skincare and the higher end brands, and I almost always prefer the higher end brand's results better. Now, I will say that there are a few exceptions to cheaper skincare that I do enjoy, most however, are of the K-Beauty brands which generally are less expensive. That being said, onto the actual review of this cleanser!

This GLAMGLOW cleanser was recommended to me by a co-worker at Nordstrom after I told her I was in search for something similar to the Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser, which they altered the formula for and is now trash. The original Ceramic Slip cleanser had Neroli and Rhassoul Clay which left my skin incredible soft and honestly, my skin had NEVER looked better than when I was using this cleanser. No blemishes, the texture of my skin was smooth, and I got compliments all the time. 


So for those who don't know much about my non-bookish history, I actually spent the last ten years of my life working in the cosmetic retail industry. I've worked for ULTA for 5 years, The Body Shop for 2, and several positions at Nordstrom, Sephora, and Macy's. I'm pretty well-versed in the makeup and skincare industry and it's a huge passion of mine. I probably won't talk much about makeup (unless it's for Cosplay!) on here since I don't really wear it on a daily basis anymore, but I can talk about skincare all day every day!

Cleansers are my absolute favorite part of my skincare routine, it's where I feel like my skin is finally coming clean and doesn't have any gross sweat or dirt residue on it. My skin type is combination Oily/Dry, so I was a little hesitant to try this cleanser because my skin can sometimes get really dry after cleansing. I discovered way too late in my life that all of the blemishes I've had in my life were mostly due to my skin being so dry that it works to create excess sebum (bad face oil) in order to keep it hydrated. The sebum, of course, was the reason my pores were getting clogged and constantly dirty- thus my breakouts. Once I started hydrating my skin properly, my face generally cleared up and any blemishes I get now are from stress.


This cleanser is actually pretty decent. I like the cream-to-foam formula a lot, and I also like that I feel like I can leave the cleanser on for a little bit as a doubled mask. After rinsing my skin feels really soft, it's not squeaky (which is something I hate about cleansers), and best of all it doesn't really leave my dry. I still follow up with a moisturizer, but on the days I forget or am in a hurry my skin never feels tight or discomforted. I like the ingredients of this cleanser as well and love that it has alpha-hydroxies. It still has the clay ingredients like the SR one, and I've noticed that when I have a bit of a break out- this generally takes care of everything.

Now this cleanser isn't generally for drier skin types as the clay is there to mattify any of your facial oils, so if you aren't generally an oily person at all- this cleanser is likely not for you. The presentation is pretty neat, I like the sleek white tube and the box it comes in is visually appealing. GLAMGLOW lists this product as being Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paraben-Free, Phthalate-free, SLS-free, Soap-free, Silicon-free, oil-free, petrolatum-free, and PEG-free. 

Overall, it's a great quality cleanser that I will certainly replenish as it empties!

Thanks for reading, hope you have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment